- For anyone new to angel investing, this is an invaluable course that covers the most important aspects of investing and tips on how to avoid the many pitfalls new business angels often encounter.
- The basics of angel investing, including what makes the returns attractive, the importance of portfolio theory, and the financial life cycle of a start-up.
- Best practice for structuring, managing and exiting an investment, including valuations and deal closing, establishing a win-win relationship with the entrepreneur, and making a return.
Who should attend?
- Corporate executives that manage innovation and corporate ventures; early-stage capital fund managers; M&A and business development executives; family office investment managers; entrepreneurs who are raising capital or planning exit strategies; successful entrepreneurs interested in becoming an investor or advisor; members of boards of directors; policymakers wishing to encourage the creation of clusters of innovation in their region; service providers: attorneys, accountants, and consultant
- CEOs or other professionals from listed companies and individuals
- Directors of business angel networks
- Professionals in technoparks and acceleration and incubation centres
- Anyone or institute who wants to create a business angel investment group by using their own network
- Investors and entrepreneurs who wish to learn the best practices of global VC and venture development
- Anyone who wants become a professional business angel network manager/executive
Chairman, World Business Angels Investment Forum
Former Senior Advisor of the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) for the Elite Program, Chairman of the World Business Angels Investment Forum (WBAF) – an affiliated partner of the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI) chaired by the Queen Maxima of the Netherlands, Co-chair of the Washington DC- based Global Business Angels Network (GBAN), Vice President of the Brussels-based European Trade Association for Business Angels, Seed Funds, and Early Stage Market Players (EBAN), President of the Business Angels Association of Turkey (TBAA), the World Entrepreneurship Forum Ambassador to Turkey and the Balkan countries, and President of Deulcom International Inc. Star of the Turkish version of the television show Dragons’ Den / Sharks Tank. Recipient of the European Trade Association of Business Angels (EBAN) award for the Best Individual in Europe Globally Engaging with the Global Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in 2014 (Ireland), 2015 (Netherlands), 2016 (Portugal), 2017 (Spain) and 2018 (Bulgaria). The only entrepreneur to be granted a personal audience with former President Obama at the Presidential Summit on Entrepreneurship in Washington DC. Developer of the world-renowned entrepreneurship theory, the Altuntas Start-up Compass Theory, researched by Sheffield University and used in numerous MBA programs. Appointed as JCI Ambassador, following Ban Ki-moon, former Secretary General of the United Nations. Profiled regularly by leading international media such as CNN International, Bloomberg, BBC. A co-author of Planet Entrepreneur: The World Entrepreneurship Forum’s Guide to Business Success Around the World, published by Wiley (2013). Author of Off the Bus, Into a Supercar! How I Became a Top TV Star and Celebrated Investor, published by Balboa Press (2014) and translated into Chinese, Croatian, Albanian, and Macedonian.
WBAF High Commissioner UK
She has 20 years working in corporate finance, business angel investment and venture capital. She started www.AngelNews.co.uk 2003 focusing on media and events in the angel and VC market. She is a NED of quoted Albion Tech and General VCT, www.albion-ventures.co.uk and at Asset Match, www.assetmatch.com and a Co-Founder of FCA authorised (retail advisory permissions) ratings agency www.CrowdRating.co.uk. She has authored two books: ‘Crowdfunding, How to raise money and make money in the crowd’ and ‘Dragons or Angels’, a handbook for people wanting to become, or raise money from, business angels. She is a Visiting Fellow at Cranfield University and has recently been appointed UK High Commissioner for the World Business Angels Investment Forum.
About the World Business Angels Investment Forum
An affiliated partner of the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI), the World Business Angels Investment Forum (WBAF) is an international organisation aiming to ease access to finance for businesses from start-up to scale-up, with the ultimate goal of generating more jobs and more social justice worldwide. It is committed to collaborating globally to empower world economic development by creating innovative financial instruments for innovators, start-ups, and SMEs. The Forum interacts with leaders in all areas of society, first and foremost in business and political spheres, to help assess needs and establish goals, bearing in mind that the public interest is of paramount importance. WBAF engages a wide range of institutions, both public and private, local and international, commercial and academic to help shape the global agenda.
About the world’s first Certified Angel Investor Programme (QBAC+)
The World Business Angels Investment Forum firmly believes that, when investors have had the advantage of training in the best practices of negotiating deals for early-stage investment, they are in a better position to ensure a good return on their investment. WBAF aims to help investors leverage good and early returns on their investments, because this generates resources for more investment in more start-ups. And second, WBAF is keen to accelerate the conversion of public money to smart money so as to boost innovation. The course is designed to provide angel investors with both the knowledge and the tools that will help them accomplish their own goals as angel investors, which will in turn contribute to the achievement of the WBAF’s goals for the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Copyright © WBAF 2018